Sunday, February 27, 2011

When does a house become a home?

I don't know the exact answer to this, but I would say it has to be pretty close to being a home when you can have dinner there, watch tv, spend the night, take a shower, get ready for church, and last but not least search the web. 

This week we spent our first night in Cottontown.  We actually spent most of the weekend there.  I told Rod this morning I felt like I had a vacation house.  I can't explain why, but it was so refreshing and relaxing.

However, we (or really just Rod) did spend a lot of the time there working.  We had a pretty successful weekend. 

Stove Wired and In
Outlet Covers Finished on Back Splash
Outside Painting (getting close to being done)
Master bath cleaned and in use
Floors mopped
Flooring Vents In
and the list goes on and on and on . . .

This weekend I started doing what I have been so anxious to do this whole time . . . DECORATING!  We decided to stage a few rooms, so I have been thinking and planning for a while. 

Rod had to wire the outlets and then cover each individual outlet cover with the matching material from the back splash.  They turned out great, but it could have been a disaster, as he realized AFTER he was finished that the wires were live.  Thankfully we avoided disaster- just a minor shock.  I don't think he will be playing electrician anytime soon. 



I am learning that little things that go unnoticed take a LONG time.  I spent some time putting new vent covers on the vents. 




The master bath was as a master bath this weekend.  As you can see, we still need a vent cover and globes for the lights. 



This is the shelf Rod built in the Master bath for storage.  Rod cut into the existing Sheetrock to add this "nook" to maximize the space.  Pretty creative, I must say. 



I have added a rug (that we weren't using at home) to the office.  Desk and shelf to come soon. 



This is a sneak peak of the Master Bedroom.  I am working on painting some furniture this room.  Stay tuned for the finished project. 



The weather was absolutely beautiful today.  After church, Rod spent the rest of his day painting outside.  Remember what the back of the house looked like before . . .



This is what it looks like today!  Deck and landscaping still to come.



While Rod painted, Sadie and I spent some time soaking up the sun.  A Starbucks coffee and an IPad make for a Sunday Funday. 


Our day ended with a crash, literally.  Rod removed the grids from the backdoor so I could spray paint the grids, and a little while later the glass came crashing out of the door.  Oops!





Until next time,

Jewitte


No comments:

Post a Comment